Steps Toward a Life of Authentic Generosity
God doesn’t need our money God has everything he needs. We are the ones holding on tight, but by letting go of it and learning to trust that God will always be there for us, we will become Authentic Followers of Christ!
1. Donate to Clothing Boxes, Food Pantry donations, or other special collections throughout the year (school supplies, Adopt-A-Family at Christmas, etc.).
2. Volunteer your time with Clair Kids during worship or Sunday School. Find opportunities to make a difference, or serve on a team in any ministry area for a special event, project, or mission trip. Experience many areas of service to help others. “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share” (1 Timothy 6:18)
3. Begin to give a worship offering, and plan to give regularly. Giving is an act of worship.
4. Decide to give a percentage of your income, determine what that is and give regularly.
5. Determine a giving plan. Set a percentage, and work to increase it. Develop a plan to work up to the tithe (10% of our income) by increasing our % each year.
6. Designate a portion of any raises or bonuses to increase your giving.
7. Sign up for Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) to set up easy regular offering via banking, you win with regular giving, our church mission work and ministries win with regular offering patterns.
8. Give beyond the tithe, give generously as you have been blessed by God for all you have.
9. Make a healthy home financial plan like the 10-10-80 plan. Give 10%, Save 10%, Live on 80%.
10. Develop a plan for reaching your financial goals leading up to and including retirement
11. Consider our church when doing estate planning. Make a special gift to our Endowment Fund, or an unrestricted gift to wherever it is needed most. Designate Clair Church a Beneficiary by percent or dollar amount in your estate plan. Make an eternal difference in your lifetime, then leave behind your legacy for Christ’s work to continue through Clair Church.
12. Consider a Charitable Gift Annuity that pays you during your lifetime and becomes a legacy gift that strengthens missions and ministries. Immediate attractive tax benefits are available to you.
Generosity: In Matthew 10:8, Jesus gave the disciples a principle to guide their actions as they ministered to others. “…Freely you have received, freely give.” Because God has showered us with blessings, we are to give generously to others of our time, love, and possessions, and we do this through the Church to continue the mission of Jesus Christ in this world.